Every year, half the population rejoices with their significant others on February 14th, while the other half celebrate their single lives! In preparation for this year’s Valentine’s day, here are some interesting Valentine’s Day facts!
- Valentine’s Day originated with the Romans! While it is not known the exact origin story of this “lovely” holiday, there are a couple speculations such as promoting fertility or preventing young men to marry.
- The first Valentine’s Day box of chocolates was introduced by Richard Cadbury in 1868.
- The phrase “Wearing your heart on your sleeve” originated from men in the Middle Ages pinning the name of their lover to their sleeve for one week!
- The heart symbol was not always symbolic of love and romance. It was the Italian and French artists who began promoting the idea of romantic love!
- 2 000 000+ marriages take place in the United States every year!
Whether you have a significant other or not, Valentine’s day is a day to be around the people you love. We wish you a wonderful and lovely Valentine’s day, however you chose to spend it!
The Kiy HR Perspective
For more interesting facts, visit http://www.womansday.com/relationships/a4702/10-fun-valentines-day-facts-103385/